Providing a Sustainability Consultancy in Exeter
Britain is currently in the midst of a housing boom with figures showing record levels of construction and completion for the period since 2008. What hasn’t made the headlines, whilst arguably being of equal significance, is the fact that every single new build across the length and breadth of the UK will have been subject to rigorous testing and assessment for energy sustainability. We can be proud of the fact that integrated energy efficiency is now ‘business as usual’ for the built environment in Britain.
This quiet but effective revolution in sustainable energy has developed over the past two decades, driven in large part by Building Regulations which have required developers and architects to design for energy innovation, conservation and efficiency. As a provider of sustainability consultancy in Exeter, we at Hilsdon Holmes have been part of these exciting environmental developments and we have felt privileged to be able to offer a range of environmental services which demonstrate out passion and commitment to a sustainable built environment.
Designing for Sustainability in Exeter
Every new build is now required to demonstrate that careful and considered attention has been given, in the planning process, to energy usage. The Building Regulations require evidence of the developers’ awareness and utilisation of cutting edge innovations related to energy sustainability, requiring the input of expert knowledge as the very early stages of a project.
At Hilsdon Holmes we see only to often, how confusing the array of sustainability regulations can appear to planners or developers with limited knowledge in this particular area. Our sustainability services in and around Exeter exists to support, offer expertise and inspire creative innovation in the field of sustainable energy efficiency. To this end we have gathered an excellent team, comprising experts from a range of sustainability disciplines, all of whom combine to provide first-class support for your build project.
Make us Part of the Process
Our most successful projects are those where developers contact us very early on in the planning process. Input at the early stages means that we can help you to develop an holistic sustainability strategy this will be part of the very fabric of your build, rather than a costly ‘add-on’ towards completion. Our clients tell us that implementing sustainability strategically helped them to understand the benefits, and save time and money in the long run.
Our sustainability consultancy in Exeter provides you with the range of expertise and experiential knowledge required to fully integrate sustainability into your build project.
Provider of sustainability consultants in Exeter - Services offered
- SAP Calculations – we will manage your SAP application and testing from design PEA through to On Construction EPC.
- SBEM Calculations – If you are planning a commercial build, we will manage SBEM from application, to testing, to final report.
- Code for Sustainable Homes – this document demonstrates for investors, or buyers, your build’s energy and environmental resource requirements. Hilsdon Holmes will undertake the research and writing of this document.
- BREEAM Assessments – this relates to in-built sustainability and efficient use of natural resources in non-residential buildings. Hilsdon Holmes will develop the documentation required.
- Local Sustainability Policy – Our Sustainability Reports are always compiled as a result of our relationship with and understanding of local authority regulations and requirements.
Our team can also carry out the tests which are required as demonstrable proof of effective sustainability strategies to be included in all applications:
We continue to work closely with clients in Exeter and the surrounding areas such as Plymouth, Torquay, Falmouth, Bideford andTaunton helping them to develop energy efficient buildings that build the local economy. As a provider of sustainability consultancy in Exeter, we are proud to support sustainability through helping our clients achieve their energy efficient goals.