Providing a Sustainability Consultancy in Plymouth
In Britain we have undergone a quiet but significant revolution in energy sustainability over the past two decades.
Integrated energy efficiency in the built environment has gone from being the aim of the few, to a standard fixture of the built environment. Businesses, homeowners and developers all acknowledge the importance of sustainable design, and the need to reduce carbon emissions as the demand for new housing stock rises.
Our sustainability revolution has been driven by the development of building regulations and standards designed to encourage energy efficiency, innovation, and conservation. Hilsdon Holmes is a sustainability consultancy in Plymouth that has been working at the heart of this quiet but effective revolution – always passionate to share our knowledge and support sustainable building design.
In-built Sustainable Strategy
The aim of energy efficiency building regulations is to ensure that planners, developers and architects are working with cutting edge innovation, and expert knowledge from the earliest stages of a build project’s development. If you are new to the field of sustainability the regulations you need to adhere to can look like a bewildering maze of bureaucracy – which is where we come in. Hilsdon Holmes provides sustainability consultancy in Plymouth, in the form of a team of experts who can help you through the stages of the sustainability planning and building process.
We’re on the Journey with You
The earlier we get involved in your build project, the more we are able to support you in the development of your sustainability strategy and implementation. Having worked as consultants on the development of many of the sustainability standards currently operating, we are able to offer key advice from the inception through to the conclusion of your build. Crucially, we have developed a team which will serve all your needs; having a ‘one-stop-sustainability-shop’ means that we get to know your project well, and we are able to streamline the process, allowing you to concentrate and delivering your sustainable future.
Our Sustainability Consultants in Plymouth Offer…
- SAP Calculations – comprehensive management of your SAP application and testing from design PEA through to On Construction EPC.
- SBEM Calculations – management of SBEM for commercial builds from application, to testing, to final report.
- Sur 1 & 2 (Code for Sustainable Homes) – Hilsdon Holmes will manage the development of this document detailing your build’s energy and environmental resource requirements.
- BREEAM Assessments – management of evidence-based documentation of in-built sustainability and efficient use of natural resources in non-residential buildings.
- Local Sustainability Policy – We will always work closely with local councils in Plymouth, on our clients’ behalf, and provide Sustainability Reports that are tailored to their requirements.
Our team can also carry out the tests which are required as demonstrable proof of effective sustainability strategies to be included in all applications:
Experience has taught us that ‘being passionate about sustainability’ means developing a workable management framework for our clients to use as part of their planning for energy efficiently building. As sustainability consultants in Plymouth, we provide local expertise, experience-based knowledge, and regulatory administration in order that clients achieve their energy efficient goals.